Wednesday, April 21, 2010

New Skills

Anna and I have tried to introduce our kids to a variety of different activites in hopes that they will find some things that they love doing and that we like watching them do. Anna doesn't know this yet but I am officially taking Kenadee out of dance class and enrolling her into the sports that I like to watch that she likes to play. That means no more 2 hour long dance recitals that feature your child dancing for 3 minutes behind someone elses child, and no more grumpy dad chasing 3 kids while mom tries to get yet another snapshot of her kiddo trying to dance.
I decided to take things into my own hands and enrolled Kenadee into spring soccer this year and as you can see by the smile on her face...she loves it. She looks forward to gameday much like I look forward to the start of college football. Sheer excitement.







Kenadee has finally learned to ride her "two wheel bike" - no more training wheels. Now we can't get her off of it. If the sun is shining, she is out riding. She caught on amazingly fast this year. (Last year I gave up trying). I only had to run down the road 2-3 times with her and
wha-la, she had it all figured out.

























2 comments:

Loren and Tama said...

Hey Curt and Anna nice blogging. We are happy to be able to see what your family is up to and keep in touch via your blog. That's great Kenadee learned to ride a two-wheeler so quickly. She and Jonah will have to go for a bike ride together. Now you will have to teach her to ride the Harley. It also looks like Kenadee is quite the soccer player. Is she running so fast inorder to stay away from the big girl behind her? Fear often increases ability. Good to see and read what the Egberts are up to.

Kerry said...

I hope Brandon does no training wheels soon-I can see family bike rides-but we've got a ways to go.