Friday, May 29, 2009

HOT!!!

Carson used to go around saying this word, thinking he knew what it meant. Until yesterday. Now he knows what it means and, sadly, how it feels.

Curt rode his motorcycle to work, and when he got home his little buddy went to the garage to greet him. He got curious about the bike, and touched the pipes. It's a sick feeling to see what is about to happen, yet be too slow to stop it.


After a tearful trip to the emergency room we came home with these expensive accessories.

it looks like he wants me to pick him up but he's actually waving and showing off his new hands. I think he's pretty proud of them.

He has second degree burns on his left hand and right forearm. His hand is a big blister. It makes me cringe every time I change his bandage. But, suprisingly, it hasn't slowed him down too much. As long as we keep his pain under control he acts like his same crazy self.
I feel bad because three of his favorite things will be affected--
Food--He won't be able to eat as fast or as much with only one functioning hand
Baths--He loves bathtime and he won't be able to get wet for 3-4 days. I'll just have to wipe him off and put yummy lotion on so he doesn't start to stink too bad.
Signing--he and the girls have been learning a little sign language and he really enjoys using it. It's a wonderful way to help him communicate, but not so great when his hands won't work.
Poor kiddo.

10 comments:

rachel said...

Ouch! Get better quick!

I love, love, love the new family picture! We'll have to make a road trip just so we can get a picture by that cute background. How sick is that?!?

Jill said...

I'm so sad to see him with those burns! I hope he feels better soon!!

emily said...

poor little guy! I am with Rachel on the new family pic, it's super cute!

Heather K said...

Curt told me what happened. Sounds Ouchie and scary for you guys too! Hope he feels better soon! We need to have you guys over some time I miss you!

Connie said...

Oh my gosh! That is the saddest thing!!!! Poor little man! If I were you, I'd make the ICU nurse change those bandages ;)

(LOVE your family pictures by the way!)

Kerry said...

Oh Man-that's too bad. Poor guy-I think it's just as hard as parents to see it and deal with it as it is for him-so super sucker!

Hope it heals well.

Jaylynn said...

oh poor little guy! I am so sorry to hear that! Hope he's feeling a little better by now. It was fun seeing you guys at McD's the other day! Your kids are so cute, and it will be fun to have our kids going to school together in the fall!

Janelle said...

Stuff like that breaks my heart. My little guy (Eric) cracked a bone in his leg right before he turned 2. Had a cast for a whole month. It killed me. I think I cried as much as he did. ;)
On a lighter note, your family is just beautiful. Love the picture!

Mandy Brown said...

Poor little guy! Your family pic is ssssooooooo CuTe!

The Cook Clan said...

OUCH! Poor kiddo!!!